Let's not beat around the bush
IF YOU'RE AS SERIOUS ABOUT BAKING AS YOU ARE ABOUT GETTING BAKED, THEN GET AT US. WE'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMITTED TO CARBS.
BACK OF HOUSE: WHERE BAKING (AND STUNTIN') IS A HABIT.More
Front of House
BAKEHOUSE FRONTLINES: THE FACE, VOICE, AND DANCE MOVES OF ALL THINGS HOLMIE.More
Bake - Brioche
WHO WE ARE
Convention can be boring. Actually, it's almost always boring...but that’s why the 60’s happened. It’s also why we happened. We believe you don’t need to have an opinion and a mustache to eat a croissant, and you sure as hell don’t need to have a gym membership just to enjoy some carbs. Enter us. We’re the newcomers to the pastry world, and, much like your younger sister, the parents are still pretending we’re going to turn out just fine. We probably will, but until then we’re hoping to rewrite the traditional rules of branding, overturn common practice in company culture, and rethink craft baking as a whole.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
People that are hard working, adaptable, creative and excited to grow with this company. We want people that are capable of understanding our brand to its core and see that manifest itself in our kitchen.
MHB is a fast-paced, team-oriented kitchen. Our primary focus is on viennoiserie and our approach to product development is involvement from everyone in the kitchen. In suit, we have redefined the role of the chef to be not that of a dictator, but one who leads, inspires and cooperates with a team of talented bakers. At Mr. Holmes, we aspire to recognize new leaders and talent to grow them with us in our company.
You’ll bake off all croissants, danishes, cookies, and other menu items; make pastry creams; and mix doughs. Reporting to the Pastry Chef, your goal will be to produce an exceptional product with expediency, this position is all about timing. There’s some strategizing involved, occasionally some prep work involved, and a lot of taste testing. Don’t get us wrong, there’s some sweat involved, but this is a pretty solid position.
- Effectively executing two bakes according to a strict schedule.
- Filling, garnishing and glazing danishes, brioche bombs, cruffins, and various other pastries.
- Traying up all pastries to bake off properly according to oven settings.
- Preparing fillings, jams, curds and carefully filling donuts with them. Roll out craqueline and bake.
- Make fudge, crumbles, choux batter, béchamel, crème patissier and others as needed.
- Operating a commercial mixer and mixing brioche dough, then rolling it into donuts.
- Proofing brioche dough and other unbaked product, then operating two deep fryers to fry donuts.
- Carefully handling donuts without damaging their form.
- Fulfill prep tasks as needed, such as cutting butter and filling flour bins.
- Maintain cleanliness of your work area and refrigerator.
- Operate quickly in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Cooperate and collaborate with the rest of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done on time.
- Strong attention to detail in product quality and consistency.
- Efficient and clean work style.
- Great ability to manage time productively.
- General knowledge of viennoiserie and other products we make.
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
- Reliability to arrive to early morning shifts on time (3:30am and 5:00am are the standard start times of this position).
- Current Food Handlers Card.
Standing is required for the majority of the work-day and lifting/moving up to 50 lbs.
Job type: Full-time
Perks: Paid Flexible Time Off, Medical Benefits
Preferred experience: 2 years in a professional bakery kitchen
Mr. Holmes Bakehouse is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.