Let's not beat around the bush
IF YOU'RE AS SERIOUS ABOUT BAKING AS YOU ARE ABOUT GETTING BAKED, THEN GET AT US. WE'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMITTED TO CARBS.
BACK OF HOUSE: WHERE BAKING (AND STUNTIN') IS A HABIT.More
Front of House
BAKEHOUSE FRONTLINES: THE FACE, VOICE, AND DANCE MOVES OF ALL THINGS HOLMIE.More
Lamination - Doughs
WHO WE ARE
Convention can be boring. Actually, it's almost always boring...but that’s why the 60’s happened. It’s also why we happened. We believe you don’t need to have an opinion and a mustache to eat a croissant, and you sure as hell don’t need to have a gym membership just to enjoy some carbs. Enter us. We’re the new-comers to the pastry world, and, much like your younger sister, the parents are still pretending we’re going to turn out just fine. We probably will, but until then we’re hoping to rewrite the traditional rules of branding, overturn common practice in company culture, and rethink craft baking as a whole.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re searching for someone who is Jonestown loyal to carbs and wants to flip this industry on it’s head. We want someone who is capable of understanding our brand to its core and see that manifest itself in the kitchen. The ideal candidate lives and breathes viennoiserie, and is ready to flex some creative genius with a bunch of other idealistic croissant-lovers. If you take carbs way too seriously, we should consider changing our relationship status.
The goal of this role is to find the middle ground between speed and high-detail to preserve proper temperatures and form doughs, and perform the folds (after lock-in) and meticulously shape all laminated doughs for all croissants, kouign amanns, danishes and other doughs. Reporting to the Pastry Chef or Sous Chef, you’ll execute lamination of impeccable layered croissant and danish doughs and transform it into the “Brangelina” of pastries.
- Supporting various stages of croissant production
- Making croissant and danish dough
- Operating dough sheeter to laminate croissant and danish doughs with double and single folds
- Doing turns on blocks of doughDoing turns on blocks of dough
- Shaping laminated dough into croissants, danishes, bearclaws, etc.
- Sheeting butter for lamination
- Maintaining a clean and organized work space
- Working seamlessly with other staff members
- Experience operating dough sheeter and doing lamination
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description
- Reliability to arrive to shifts on time, even if early in the morning
- Current Food Handlers Card
Standing is required for the majority of the work day, must lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
Job type: Full-time
Perks: Flexible Paid Time Off, Medical Benefits
Local candidates only: Bay Area
Preferred experience: 2+ years experience in a professional kitchen, doing lock-ins and turns on croissant and danish dough
Mr. Holmes Bakehouse is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.