Let's not beat around the bush
IF YOU'RE AS SERIOUS ABOUT BAKING AS YOU ARE ABOUT GETTING BAKED, THEN GET AT US. WE'RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMITTED TO CARBS.
BACK OF HOUSE: WHERE BAKING (AND STUNTIN') IS A HABIT.More
Front of House
BAKEHOUSE FRONTLINES: THE FACE, VOICE, AND DANCE MOVES OF ALL THINGS HOLMIE.More
WHO WE ARE
Convention can be boring. Actually, it's almost always boring...but that’s why the 60’s happened. It’s also why we happened. We believe you don’t need to have an opinion and a mustache to eat a croissant, and you sure as hell don’t need to have a gym membership just to enjoy some carbs. Enter us. We’re the newcomers to the pastry world, and, much like your younger sister, the parents are still pretending we’re going to turn out just fine. We probably will, but until then we’re hoping to rewrite the traditional rules of branding, overturn common practice in company culture, and rethink craft baking as a whole.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We're searching for someone who is Jonestown loyal to carbs, who loves the city of Los Angeles, and wants to flip this industry on it's head. We want someone who is capable of understanding our brand to its core and see that manifest itself in the kitchen. The ideal candidate lives and breathes croissant and brioche, and is ready to flex some creative genius with a bunch of other idealistic croissant-lovers. If you take carbs way too seriously, we should consider changing our relatioship status.
All donuts, cookies, bread pudding and other menu items will look and taste impeccable because of you. Your goal will be to produce an exceptional product with expediency. The goal with this role is to handle donuts as delicately as possible; mixing, rolling, proofing, frying and filling them to perfection to ensure a beautiful end product.
- Proofing brioche dough and other unbaked product.
- Operate deep fryer and fry donuts.
- Bake off menu items.
- Prepare fillings and carefully fill donuts with them.
- Operate commercial mixer to mix brioche dough.
- Roll brioche dough into donuts thoroughly and accurately to form a perfectly round donut.
- Fulfill prep tasks as needed, such as cutting butter, filling flour bins, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of your work area and storage areas.
- Operate quickly in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Carefully handle donuts without damaging their form.
- Cooperate and collaborate with the rest of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Strong attention to detail in product quality and consistency.
- Efficient and clean work style.
- Great ability to manage time productively.
- General knowledge of viennoiserie and other products we make.
- Current Food Handlers Card.
- Must have the physical abilities to carry out the functions of the job description.
- Reliability to arrive to early morning shifts on time.
Lifting an carrying up to 50 lbs. Standing is required for the majority of the work day.
Job type: Full-time
Perks: Flexible paid time off, Medical benefits
Preferred experience: 2+ years in a professional bakery kitchen
Mr. Holmes Bakehouse is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.